All equipment and clothing should be clearly marked with participants first and last name along with bus pick up location. The most effective way to keep track of equipment is to use a waterproof marker (Sharpie) to write your childís info on masking tape affixed to the gear. Label all loose items including skis/snowboards, poles, boots, bags, jackets, helmets, googles, etc.
SKIS AND SNOWBOARDS
Ski and/or snowboard equipment must be obtained prior to each Saturdayís departure. For safety reasons, we require every participant to obtain the latest ski/snowboard equipment, including:
Special lease packages are available to Blue Angel participants at
participating retail outlets. Visit our participating
shops page for more info.
- Skis or snowboard with bindings that have recently been inspected
- Ski or snowboard boots that fit properly
- Ski poles (skiers only). Some younger participants may not need ski poles. Please ask if unsure.
Participants are also required to come prepared for all weather conditions. Temperatures in the mountains range from below freezing to 65-70 degrees. Proper ski/snowboard attire includes:
- Ski/snowboard pants and jacket - insulated and waterproof
- Thermal underwear
- Ski sweater or heavy sweatshirt
- Ski/snowboard gloves or mittens - waterproof and insulated
- Blue Angel helmet (provided at orientation)
- Face protection - scarf and/or neck gaiter
- Ski/snowboard socks
It is imperative that all participants have proper protection from the harmful rays of the sun. The sunís rays are more powerful at high altitude (even on cloudy days), and can cause permanent eye damage and severe sunburn.
Your child will get the most out of the program if he or she is dressed in the appropriate attire and is constantly protected from the natural elements. Please consult your local shop for additional advice regarding equipment and clothing.
- Goggles - Participants must obtain a good pair of ski/snowboard goggles to protect his/her eyes from the ultra-violet rays of the sun and for visibility during snow storms.
- Sunscreen - All participants are required to apply sunscreen to all exposed areas of the skin (lips, face, ears, etc.) in the morning prior to departure.